- For treatment of essential hypertension.
- In adult patients whose blood pressure is not adequately controlled on irbesartan or hydrochlorothiazide alone.
- 1 tablet once daily.
- Dose titration with the individual components (i.e. irbesartan and hydrochlorothiazide) may be recommended.
- When clinically appropriate direct change from monotherapy to the fixed combinations may be considered:
+ Irbeplus HCT 150/12.5 may be administered in patients whose blood pressure is not adequately controlled with hydrochlorothiazide or irbesartan 150 mg alone.
+ Irbeplus HCT 300/12.5 may be administered in patients insufficiently controlled by irbesartan 300 mg or by Irbeplus HCT 150/12.5.
+ 300 mg irbesartan/25 mg hydrochlorothiazide fixed combination may be administered in patients insufficiently controlled by Irbeplus HCT 300/12.5.
- Doses higher than 300 mg irbesartan/25 mg hydrochlorothiazide once daily are not recommended.
- When necessary, Irbeplus HCT may be administered with another antihypertensive medicinal product.
- Renal impairment: Due to the hydrochlorothiazide component, Irbeplus HCT is not recommended for patients with severe renal dysfunction (creatinine clearance < 30 ml/min.
- Hepatic impairment: Irbeplus HCT is not indicated in patients with severe hepatic impairment. No dosage adjustment of Irbeplus HCT is necessary in patients with mild to moderate hepatic impairment.
- Older people: No dosage adjustment.
- Paediatric population: Irbeplus HCT is not recommended for use in children and adolescents.
Irbeplus HCT is administered orally, with or without food.