October 19, 2021
STELLAPHARM was born to care and protect patient’s health, to help enhancing their lives and living longer. Your health, for today and for future.
Excessive pounds (obesity, being overweight) do more than increase your weight – they increase your risk of major health problems. People who are overweight or obese (BMI 30 or more) are more likely to have heart disease, strokes, diabetes, cancer, and depression. Here are 12 other reasons how too many extra pounds affect your body:
1. Excessive weight is also associated with a higher risk of cancers such as prostate, colon, breast, uterine and kidney. The National Cancer Institute associates 34,000 new cases of cancer in men and 50,000 in women each year with obesity.
2. Excessive weight is the major risk factor for Type 2 diabetes (also known as adult onset diabetes) because the body gets resistant to insulin, or the hormone responsible for the blood sugar utilization.
3. If you have excessive weight, you might have elevated cholesterol including “bad” cholesterol responsible for increased risk of cardiovascular decease.
4. High blood pressure (or hypertension) is also associated with excessive weight.
5. More weight makes the heart work harder to pump blood, so obesity is associated with heart enlargement (or weakening of heart muscles.)
6. Blood vessels hardening (or atherosclerosis) are also another common problem caused by excessive weight, which may lead to heart attack.
7. Fat accumulation around the neck area may cause obstructive sleep apnea, a condition where airways close up during sleep and prevent normal oxygen delivery to the body. This can lead to heart enlargement and premature death. Obstructive sleep apnea can cause symptoms of fatigue and decreased energy. It can also negatively affect concentration and memory. Some of the symptoms of the obstructive sleep apnea can be snoring and persistent desire to take nap during daytime.
8. Excessive weight can decrease fertility rate or can increase chance of premature birth.
9. Obesity has been associated with higher rate of osteoarthritis, wear and tear of joints.
10. Excessive weight leads to heartburn and stomach problems such as constipation, belching, bloating and gallbladder disease.
11. Obese people are more predisposed to depression (caused by social isolation and lower self-esteem.)
12. Finally, excessive weight leads to lower life expectancy. According to the National Institute of Health, obesity is the second leading cause of preventable death in the United States, close behind tobacco use. An estimated 300,000 deaths per year are due to obesity epidemic.
Source; Mercy Health System
Stellapharm is one of leading generics pharmaceutical companies and strong producer of anti-viral drugs in Vietnam. The company established in Vietnam in 2000; and focuses on both prescription drugs and non-prescription especially in cardiovascular diseases, antiviral drugs, anti-diabetics drugs, etc. and our products are now used by millions of patients in more than 50 countries worldwide.
The company is globally recognized for its quality through our facilities have been audited and approved by stringent authority like EMA, PMDA, Taiwan GMP, local WHO and others.
Additional information for this article: Stellapharm J.V. Co., Ltd. – Branch 1
A: 40 Tu Do Avenue, Vietnam – Singapore Industrial Park, An Phu Ward, Thuan An City, Binh Duong Province, Vietnam
T: +84 274 376 7470 | F: +84 274 376 7469 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | W: www.stellapharm.com
Theo tuổi tác, hệ miễn dịch của chúng ta trở nên kém hiệu quả hơn trong việc đối phó với các tình trạng nhiễm trùng cũng như kém đáp ứng với việc chủng ngừa. Đồng thời, hệ miễn dịch lão hóa có mối liên hệ với tình trạng viêm mạn tính, từ đó làm tăng
With age, the human immune system becomes less effective at tackling infections and less responsive to vaccinations. At the same time, the aging immune system is associated with chronic inflammation, which increases the risk of almost all conditions linked to old age. The good news is that exercising and adopting the right diet may help