Treatment of the signs and symptoms of idiopathic Parkinson’s disease, alone or in combination with levodopa.
Symptomatic treatment of moderate to severe idiopathic restless legs syndrome.
Parkinson’s disease: The daily dose is in equally divided doses 3 times a day.
Initial treatment (daily dosage)
- 1st week: 1.5 tablets Sifstad 0.18.
- 2nd week: 3 tablets Sifstad 0.18 hoặc ¾ tablets Sifstad 0.7.
- 3rd week: 6 tablets Sifstad 0.18 hoặc 1.5 tablets Sifstad 0.7.
- Then the daily dose should be increased by 3 tablets Sifstad 0.18 or ¾ tablet Sifstad 0.7 at weekly intervals up to a maximum dose of 18 tablets Sifstad 0.18 or 4.5 tablets Sifstad 0.7 per day.
Maintenance treatment (daily dosage)
- 5 tablets Sifstad 0.18 to a maximum of 18 tablets Sifstad 0.18 or 4.5 tablets Sifstad 0.7.
- Efficacy was observed starting at a daily dose of 6 tablets Sifstad 0.18 or 1.5 tablets Sifstad 0.7.
Treatment discontinuation: Abrupt discontinuation of dopaminergic therapy can lead to the development of a neuroleptic malignant syndrome. Pramipexole should be tapered off until the daily dose has been reduced to 3 tablets Sifstad 0.18 or ¾ tablet Sifstad 0.7. Thereafter the dose should be reduced by 1.5 tablets Sifstad 0.18.
Patients with renal impairment:
- Clcr = 20 – 50 ml/min, start at ½ tablet Sifstad 0.18 twice a day, a maximum daily dose is 9 tablets Sifstad 0.18 or 2 ¼ tablets Sifstad 0.7.
- Clcr < 20 ml/min, start at ½ tablet Sifstad 0.18, a maximum daily dose is 6 tablets Sifstad 0.18 or 1.5 tablets Sifstad 0.7.
Restless legs syndrome
Start with ½ tablet Sifstad 0.18 taken once daily 2 – 3 hours before bedtime, the dose may be increased every 4 – 7 days to a maximum of 3 tablets Sifstad 0.18 or ¾ tablet Sifstad 0.7 per day.
Patient’s response should be evaluated after 3 months treatment and the need for treatment continuation should be reconsidered.
Treatment discontinuation: Can be discontinued without tapering off.
Sifstad 0.7 should be taken orally, swallowed with water, and can be taken either with or without food.